Get inspired by Success: featuring stories about indie artists, entrepreneurs, tech and social media.
Nipsey Hussle’s Top 10 Rules For Success
Nipsey Hussle’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@NipseyHussle)
In 2005, he recorded his first mixtape, titled Slauson Boy Volume 1, which soon became the name of his own record label. In 2009, he released his debut single, “Hussle in the House”. In 2010, XXL labeled him “Most Determined” of his class, and LA Weekly called him the “next big L.A. MC”. After his release from Epic Records , he went on to found his own record label, All Money In. On December 21, 2010, he released his first All Money In Records mixtape, titled The Marathon. Starting in 2013, he released various songs from Crenshaw. He is of Eritrean descent from his father’s side and African American descent on his mother’s side. In 2010, he starred in the film Caged Animal, alongside Ving Rhames, Gillie Da Kid and Robert Patrick. Upon the release of Crenshaw, Hussle said that Victory Lap would be released in 2014. He has collaborated with Drake, Snoop Dogg, Problem and Kokane.
1. Have a plan to get ride of doubt. You must have a step by step list to get to your goal.
2. Stick to your brand, be consistent and authentic.
3. Find leverage using the global tools that help to deliver your music to the audience.
4. Seek respect. Surround yourself with a solid team that is respectful not just there on the way up.
5. Be proud of what you do and take pride in what you do.
6. Live your dream. Listen to your dreams , not anyone elses dreams.
7. Seize opportunities. Do everything that you need to do to get the job done and accomplish your vision.
8. Don’t listen to the #LittleMan . Believe in your vision and become unstoppable.
9. Keep evolving and moving forward. Know what steps you need to take and keep at it until you get there.
10. Be loyal. Never forget those who helped you. You go up and down all the time and you never want to burn bridges.
– Make sacrifices
– Focus on the people
– Hustle and don’t let up.