Vegetable Spring Rolls
by Hener Torres
My food blog compiles mouthwatering and easy to prepare recipes, I also aim to introduce Filipino food to the world. Enjoy!
- 1/2 a head of medium cabbage (about 4 cups)
- 1 big carrot shredded (1 cup)
- 1 bunch of green onions
- a packet of spring roll sheets/skin
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- oil for frying (use your preferred cooking oil)
- Chop the cabbage finely lengthwise. Wash it, set it aside to drain.
- In the meantime, grate the carrot and chop up the greens from the green onion.
- Once the cabbage is nice and dry combine it with the grated carrot and chopped green onions in a mixing bowl.
- Add soy sauce, salt, and mix all of them together.
- Place a spring roll sheet/skin on a clean cutting board or surface. Add a handful of the vegetable stuffing in the center.
- Fold the bottom part of the sheet over the stuffing and then cover with the other two sides and bring it to the center.
- Roll it until you reach the top part of the sheet.
- Apply some water along the top edge with your fingertips and roll off. Finish the rest of the rolls and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or a frying pan on high. Add 2 to 3 rolls at a time. Fry them until they are golden brown on both sides. Remove and drain them on a rack or paper towels.
- Serve it hot with dipping or hot sauce and Asian chilli and garlic paste.
- Sometime the vegetable stuffing ends up a bit wet. If that happens don’t worry, just squeeze out the excess liquid in the palm of your hand before placing it on the sheet/skin.
- The spring roll sheets/skins are available in most of the Asian stores.
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/kainKlab