He’s an entrepreneur, investor, author, public speaker, and internet personality.
After graduating from college in 1998, he assumed day to day control of his father’s liquor store.
Through ecommerce, email marketing, and aggressive pricing, he grew the business from $3 million to $50 million a year by 2005.
He’s Gary Vaynerchuk and here are his Top 10 Rules for Success.
1. Bet on your strengths
He immigrated to the U.S. in 1978, and moved to New Jersey.
He transformed his father’s New Jersey liquor store into a retail wine store named Wine Library.
3. Put business in perspective
In 2006 started the video blog Wine Library TV, a daily internet webcast on the subject of wine.
4. Execute your ideas
In 2009, Gary, along with his brother AJ Vaynerchuk, founded VaynerMedia, a social media-focused digital agency.
5. Don’t overlook storytelling
VaynerMedia focuses on providing social media and strategy services to Fortune 500 companies such as General Electric and PepsiCo.
6. Care about your customers
In 2014 he started a $25 Million investment fund with RSE Ventures’ Matt Higgins, named VaynerRSE.
7. Stick to your DNA
The #AskGaryVee Show is a YouTube series that Vaynerchuk began on July 31, 2014.
8. Do the things that matter
The content of the show revolves around the principles laid out in his books Crush It, Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook, and The Thank You Economy.
9. Don’t make excuses
He has been featured in “The New York Times”, The Wall Street Journal, GQ, and Time, appeared on Late Night with Conan O’Brien and Ellen.
10. There is no overnight success
He has been described as “the first wine guru of the YouTube era”, and “the wine world’s new superstar”.
Gary Vaynerchuck. Thanks Evan!
* Subscribe to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c…
* Leave a comment, thumbs up the video (please!)
* Help me caption this video so others can enjoy it too: https://www.youtube.com/timedtext_vid…
* Suppport me: http://www.evancarmichael.com/support/